Tuesday, May 22, 2007

who am i?

Who am I? I am just one humble truth seeker, trying to change the world. My famous tagline; does it really say anything about me? I like to think so. I seek the truth in everything, and I hope I always will. I try to remain humble in my pursuit of the truth, especially so that my perceptions and assumptions do not keep me from the truth. I am just one -- I believe there must be others in the world who desire truth as well. And while I realize I cannot change the whole world, I still believe I can make a difference.

I'm a college student, studying journalism. I hope to use journalism to impact the world positively. I'm 20 years old and wrapping up my second year of college (eek! time flies :)

The thing I want most in this world is to get published. I love writing. Fiction, nonfiction -- whatever I can get. I am never happier than when I have a pen and paper in hand, researching and writing something I am hopelessly passionate about.

I am a lifelong learner. Or at least I am learning to be a lifelong learner. I strive to have a teachable heart.

I love people, even when I don't like them. I even love people when I don't really know them. How can I say that? I strongly believe in the worth of every human being on this planet, even when others have given up hope in them. I am getting better at this every day.

I love Jesus. That truth impacts everything I do.

I feel very strongly that I am blessed to be a blessing.

Well, there's a few below-the-surface basics.

Little known fact (yeah right): I'm a confirmed chocoholic.

Now, a random list of things I like: ice cream, the color blue, smoothies, thunderstorms, comfy pj pants, a nice afghan and a good book (fireplace optional), iced tea, having a clock in every room, autumn, walks through the woods, pen and paper, playing guitar, crocheting, and singing my heart out. Just to name a few.

I hope this has given you a little picture of me :)

Now, for my unfortunate news:

I hate to drop the bomb like this, but I am almost done with school. This means I must go home, which means I will not have daily access to the Internet. Unfortunately, Wednesday, May 23, will be my last day online until autumn *sob*. I'll try to stay connected throughout the summer and check in on everyone, but I can't make any promises. I am not abandoning you! You all have created such a wonderful community here and it has meant the world to me. Believe me, I will miss you all dearly. Please don't forget me as I tarry into the world of the unplugged for a few months. I promise to return.

In the mean time, I'm working on some great stuff for the fall. I'm going to cover some topics that I am really passionate about. Hopefully, those blogs will help you get to know my heart a little better.

I will check back in tomorrow if you'd like to say goodbye. I hope you all have a wonderful, restful, fulfilling summer. Keep seeking the truth!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Fallen Angel said...

Well I do not have internet in my school. Our teachers are too clever for that. And I have internet in my home. But the MBies I have per year is xtremly low. So it is really bad here

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home